Welcome to Mobile Zone for Windows (3.0.1) and MacOS (2.4.6)
Welcome to our first release of 2021! This release is for Mobile Zone on both Windows and MacOS laptops.
The big change for this release is that Mobile Zone will now capture the user’s machine name to support an upcoming reporting change in School Manager. We've also made a bunch of changes that should improve performance of the Windows client, improved the way we handle verdict timeouts and fixed a couple of bugs.
New Features & Improvements
- The Windows installer is now about 60% smaller.
- We now capture the user’s Machine Name so we can report on it in School Manager.
- We’ve improved the way we handle verdict timeouts, and we're also quicker to trigger our fallback mode, Safe Guard, in some cases.
- We've made a lot of improvements to packet handling, which should improve performance on Windows machines.
- We fixed an issue where users with Mobile Zone for Windows couldn’t upload files to MIT’s App Inventor.
- We fixed an issue where laptops could be served an expired agent certificate from the cache.