Welcome to Classwize and School Manager release 1.5.9!
Our focus for this release has been on giving some love to content filtering tools and giving School Manager Global Administrators the ability to import more and more useful data.
- We’ve expanded the types of data you can import into School Manager. You can now import IP ranges, IP Subnets, MAC addresses and search keywords in the "Configuration > Tools > Pool" workflow. We’ll have a guide to doing this soon!
- The ‘Signature/Category Search’ in "Filtering > Content Filtering" will now tell you if a domain you’re searching for sits in a category that has a parent category, and what that parent category is. For example, if you search for webjet.com, the search should tell you that this domain sits in the ‘Travel’ category, which is part of the ‘Shopping and Travel’ category.
- We’ve completed moving Classwize from being styled with CSS to being styled with SCSS. We’re sure you’re as excited about this as we are.
- We’ve continued to tweak the Classwize UI, this time to save you valuable clicks when using Class Tools to message students or open new sites for them.
- The ‘Signature/Category Search’ in "Filtering > Content Filtering" in School Manager no longer returns incorrect results if you have blocked or allowed top level domains like .co.
- We fixed an issue for Australian and New Zealand schools where Filtering Alert emails thought you were in America.
- When editing or making a report in "Filtering > Emailed Reports", you should now be able to see all available Red Flags instead of just the ones that fit on your screen.
- You shouldn’t get unwanted duplicate classrooms in Classwize after syncing anymore. You can, however, deliberately create duplicates if you’re certain you really want to.
- We fixed a rare issue in Classwize where adding a student to your class using Class Tools could cause Classwize to hang and return an error message until you refreshed your browser.
- Our banner in School Manager alerting you of incidents was automatically giving you a start and finish date even when we didn’t actually have them.
- You should be able to apply schedules to Classwize classes created from LDAP and Azure group imports once again.
- We fixed an issue in School Manager where using a Client’s OAuth Key for Google Sync would stop Classrooms from syncing about an hour after you turned on.
- While we normally value out-of-the-box thinking, we had to fix an issue in Classwize where the student tiles would break out of their container boxes if students opened a lot of tabs or websites in very quick succession.