Welcome to SphireOS Update 248!
We’ve got some bug fixes for you with this release. The release will be rolled out in two stages: the first phase will go live for schools in the Stable 2 Branch on March 24th 2021; all other schools should receive the update at the end of the month. You can find out which Branch you’re in by going to School Manager > Device Updates.
- We increased the number of CPU cores that SphireOS can see on SMG-200 devices.
- SphireOS could sometimes block all traffic while it was processing a configuration change.
- Fixed crashes that could happen when SphireOS encountered a signature configuration with unexpected category values, or after a user deleted variables from user objects.
- Changes made to the network interface settings in School Manager will correctly apply to SphireOS.
- SphireOS can no longer run out of file descriptors or available connections.
- Fixed a couple of issues that could cause SphireOS to unexpectedly reboot after startup.